With less than a month until its exclusive release on Switch, Nintendo ran a Direct today dedicated entirely to Xenoblade Chronicles 2. A new trailer dropped. An Expansion Pass was announced. And some other bits. Much fun was had.
Watch the whole thing & the trailer below, and I’ll run through the key points afterwards (there will be a quiz).
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct – 07.11.2017
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Characters Trailer
So here’s the run-down:
- New character trailer (above)
- There’s a £26.99 / $29.99 Expansion Pass that offers content for about a year
- >From December there will be “support items”
- >From January there will be new quests
- >A new Rare Blade will be added Spring 2018
- >A “Challenge Battle Mode” will drop Summer 2018
- >A new story & adventure will be added to the game Autumn 2018
- Japanese dub DLC will be available for free on launch
- There’s a The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild crossover for free, which will be a new quest and bonus items
It’s nice to hear the game will be supported for quite some time, though it’s a little unclear exactly what the little bits will entail and how substantial they’ll be. The Expansion Pass is a bit like the one for Breath of the Wild, but seems to promise a slowly drip of content than Zelda’s defined “Part 1” and “Part 2”.
It’s even nicer to announce free content. The crossover with Breath of the Wild is exciting indeed, though as a free side-quest it remains to be seen how substantial it will be beyond the outfit we’ve been shown in the trailer. Only time will tell!
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 releases 1st December 2017 for Switch!
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Price: Out of stock